An Introduction to collage and watercolor.
This whimsical painting is created with a delightful combination of collage, watercolor and acrylic paint. The step by step instruction enables beginner and experienced painters to complete a successful painting. Your creativity will guarantee an original piece of art! I anticipate that paintings will be 90% completed in class.
Students to bring:
• Your usual painting supplies which should include at least 2 water containers, paper towels, pop up tissues, a fine mist spray bottle for water.
• Brushes: You may use your regular watercolor brushes. I use Scharff 960 Aqua Flow Super Round, Scharff #310 White Nylon round brushes sizes #8 and #4, and a variety of scrubby brushes (Scharff Moon #222 brushes sizes #2, #4, #6, used for corrections and lifting off paint.) a flat 1” brush to use with paste, flat brushes sizes #4 and #8 to paint checks. I will have Scharff brushes for purchase if you choose.
• Supplies to transfer the pattern either graphite paper or pencil and light box (or we can use a window for the light box)
• Pencil and ruler
• Collage Materials: decorative napkins, old book pages, pallet paper with used acrylic paint on it, rice papers, about 12” of Tim Holtz Idea-ology tissue wrap.
• Hair dryer is helpful, but not necessary.
Materials included in $20 supply fee payable to instructor at beginning of class
• Written instructions including line drawing and color photo
• ¼ sheet of Arches 140 lb cold press watercolor paper (11” x 15”)
• Mijello Mission Gold paints used in this painting including Indian Yellow, Permanent Magenta, Permanent Rose, Peacock, Olive Green
• White acrylic paint
• Black acrylic paint
• YES Paste by Gane Brothers & Lane
• Plastic squeeze bottle with metal tip
• Moo Eraser
• Foam plate pallet for paint
• Cup for paste
Most of the required supplies for your classes can be pre-ordered from Collage. They will be ready and waiting for you to pick up when you arrive at the retreat. For further info and to place your order, contact: