Explore the fun of fabric surface design with wooden block printing, and Thermofax screen printing. In addition to basic pattern theory you will learn which paints to use for which projects. In the morning, we will have lots of fun with pattern play and experiment with layering while we create unique fabrics and papers. In the afternoon all those wonderful bits will bel collaged together to create a small Art Quilt.
Kit Fee: $25 Includes:
• 1yard of fabric to practice printing on
• Wood printing blocks and thermofax screens for use in class
• MistyFuse Sheer Paperless fusible web
• Felt or canvas backing for your piece
• Black and white print fabrics
Supplies to bring
• Solid fabrics in your favorite colors as well as mottled fabrics that read as solid. White and black prints add a fun punch if you have them. You don’t need a lot of fabric and we can share so no more than grocery bag full.
• Hand sewing needles if you want to hand stitch-Chenille preferred
• Thread: just a couple spools Cotton-medium and/or heavy weight to coordinate with your fabrics. Embroidery threads: perle cotton and floss if you would like to add hand stitching (of course you want to add hand stitching!)
• Sewing Machine (optional-we can easily share machines in this class) in good working order with all necessary cords and accessories. Including a free motion foot, size 90 embroidery needle.
NOTE: We will have 5 machines available for this class to share. If you are traveling, please contact email@example.com to reserve a machine. If you live locally, please bring your machine and let us know so we can reserve for others!