An Introduction to collage and watercolor.
Create wonderful textures with color sanding and gauze, throw in a little negative painting and create this fun 15” x 11” painting. The step by step instruction enables beginner and experienced painters to complete a successful painting. Your creativity will guarantee an original piece of art! I anticipate that paintings will be 90% completed in class.
Students to bring to class:
• Your usual painting supplies which should include at least 2 water containers, paper towels, pop up tissues, a fine mist spray bottle for water.
• Brushes: You may use your regular watercolor brushes. I use Scharff 960 Aqua Flow Super Round, Scharff #310 White Nylon round brushes sizes #8 and #4, and a variety of scrubby brushes (Scharff Moon #222 brushes sizes #2, #4, #6, used for corrections and lifting off paint.) I will have Scharff brushes for purchase if you choose.
• Pencil and ruler
• Inexpensive watercolor pencils
• Stencil to create the background I use Numbers Collage TCW210 anything will work, focus on the interesting negative shapes.
• Hair dryer is helpful, but not necessary.
$20 supply fee paid to instructor at beginning of class includes:
• Written instructions including line drawing and color photo
• ¼ sheet of Arches 140 lb cold press watercolor paper (11” x 15”) with a traced line drawing on it
• Mijello Mission Gold paints and foam plate pallet and misc. supplies
• Moo Eraser