An Introduction to collage and watercolor.
This whimsical painting starts with a charcoal pour added to a delightful combination of collage, watercolor and acrylic paint. The step by step instruction enables beginner and experienced painters to complete a successful painting. Your creativity will guarantee an original piece of art! I anticipate that paintings will be 90% completed in class.
Students to bring:
• Your usual painting supplies which should include at least 2 water containers, paper towels, pop up tissues, a fine mist spray bottle for water.
• Brushes: You may use your regular watercolor brushes. I use Scharff 960 Aqua Flow Super Round, Scharff #310 White Nylon round brushes sizes #8 and #4, and a variety of scrubby brushes (Scharff Moon #222 brushes sizes #2, #4, #6, used for corrections and lifting off paint.) a flat 1” brush to use with paste, flat brushes sizes #4 and #8 to paint checks. I will have Scharff brushes for purchase if you choose.
• Pencil and ruler
• Collage Materials: decorative napkins, old book pages, pallet paper with used acrylic paint on it, rice papers if you have them, I will also have collage materials to share.
• Hair dryer is helpful, but not necessary.
Materials fee payable to instructor at beginning of class $18 includes:
• Written instructions including line drawing and color photo
• ¼ sheet of Arches 140 lb cold press watercolor paper (11” x 15”) with a traced line drawing on it
• Mijello Mission Gold paints and foam plate pallet
• Misc. collage materials including decorative napkins
• White and black acrylic paint
• YES Paste by Gane Brothers & Lane
• Charcoal powder
• Moo Eraser
Many of the required supplies may be pre-ordered from Artistic Artifacts. They will be ready and waiting for you to pick up when you arrive at the retreat. For further info and to place your order, please visit: http://www.artisticartifacts.com.