This painting is painted in a traditional watercolor manner with scrubbing off to create the soft highlights. No previous watercolor experience is necessary. All levels of painters will complete a successful painting using the step by step directions. A line drawing is used so no drawing is required. The finished size is about 7” x 10”.
Students to bring:
• Your usual painting supplies which should include at least 2 water containers, paper towels, a fine mist spray bottle for water.
• Brushes: You may use your regular watercolor brushes. I use Scharff 960 Aqua Flow Super Round, Scharff #310 White Nylon round brushes sizes #8 and #4 and variety of scrubby brushes (Scharff Moon #222 brushes sizes #2, #4, #6, used for corrections and lifting off paint.) (I will have Scharff brushes for purchase if you choose.
• A box of pop up tissues is necessary (like an inexpensive brand of Kleenex)
• Hair dryer is helpful, but not necessary
Materials included in $18 supply fee payable to instructor at beginning of class
• Written instructions, line drawing and color photos
• Arches 140 lb. Cold Press paper with designed traced on it
• Mijello Mission Gold paints used in this painting
• Foam plate/pallet for watercolor paint
• Tape, masking fluid and other misc. supplies.