This whimsical acrylic painting starts with a creative under painting of colors and textures and then painted with a glaze of pigment leaving only a limited amount of the original under painting showing. The step by step instruction enables beginner and experienced painters to complete a successful painting. Your creativity will guarantee an original piece of art! I anticipate that paintings will be completed in class.
Students bring to class:
• Your usual painting supplies which should include at least 2 water containers, paper towels, pop up tissues.
• Brushes: You may use your regular watercolor/acrylic brushes. I use Scharff 960 Aqua Flow Super Round, Scharff #310 White Nylon round brushes sizes #8 and #4, and a flat 1” brush. I will have Scharff brushes for purchase if you choose.
• A black permanent pen and a white pen are fun but not necessary
• If you have them, water soluble crayons are fun but not necessary
• Hair dryer is helpful, but not necessary.
Materials included in $20 supply fee paid to instructor at beginning of class
• Written instructions including line drawing and color photo
• Arches watercolor paper (11” x 15”)
• Use of gesso, fluid acrylics, sprays, stencils and misc. supplies