These happy little capsules can be filled with just about anything. Photos, findings, treasures...skies the limit! And not only can they be customized on the inside, the outside of the tube can also be embellished with a favorite word or design. The capsule is complete with a soldered charm that can include a word or a small phrase.
These glass tube treasures are like a blank canvas...leaving only the imagination of the maker to help it come alive.
In this class you will learn:
• the basics of using a soldering iron
• learn how to create solder caps
• learn how to create and personalize solder charms
• learn about patina
• assemble and finish your Glass Tube Pendant
$25 Kits paid to instructor at beginning of class includes
Each student will receive a kit and be able to make two pendants and two solder charms.
• 2-Glass Tubes
• 4- 8mm Antique Silver Jump Rings
• 4 -1/4” Tinned Jump Rings
• 2 -3/8” Tinned Jump Rings
• 2 -2mm Silver Tone Ball Chain
• Rub-ons with Popsicle Stick
• 1 Brass Circle
• 1 Brass Flower
• Alcohol wipes
• Copper Foil Circles
Patina Station: Gloves, paper plates, Patina, baking soda paste/wash, paper towels. As well as dowels, and assorted tools to use.
Needed to bring to class:
• Small items to put into each tube like seed beads, paper, photos, fiber, small findings.
• Respiratory Mask with carbon filter (Optional) If sensitive to fumes, I suggest a mask.
• Soldering Station: Cookie sheet, heat resistant surface, 100 watt iron, wood handle tweezers, stand, eye wear, clothespins, gel flux with brush, Sal ammoniac block, lead free solder, clamps.
• Hammers, ultra fine steel wool, emery boards, copper foiling tools, 1/16 metal stamp sets, metal block for stamping, masking tape, Renaissance wax, polishing cloth, assorted string for the outside of tubes, scissors.
This is the mask I use Honeywell RWS-54008 Saf-T-Fit Plus P95 Disposable Respirator with Exhalation Valve.iT'S $8 on Amazon
Soldering Supplies:(soldering irons, stand, solder, gel flux, patina, wood handle tweezer, eye wear, sal block, copper foiling tool) https://www.etsy.com/shop/catcreations92a
*If you plan to order make sure you do it way in advance so that the supplies can get to you in time for the class. I will have a few items for sale in class but not a lot due to me traveling and the weight of supplies
Many of the required supplies may be pre-ordered from Artistic Artifacts. They will be ready and waiting for you to pick up when you arrive at the retreat. For further info and to place your order, please visit: http://www.artisticartifacts.com.