Grab your Gelli plate and join Roben-Marie for a class of instruction, inspiration and playful experimentation. Beginning with tips and techniques, we will gelli print our way to an amazing collection of layered backgrounds. The fun does not end there! We will create a unique, dual-opening journal with a mini journal inside AND a printed pocket where you can stash your treasures!
Materials Fee $15 and Includes the following:
•Materials for the pocket
•Roben-Marie’s favorite papers for printing
•Papers and tags specific for the journals
•Papers for journal pages
•Charm and pin
•Stabilo Marks-All Pencil
•Card stock for making handmade stencils
Supplies Needed to bring for Class:
• Assorted acrylic paints: be sure to include white, black and another dark color like: Paynes Gray or Permanent Violet Dark (NOTE: cheap craft paints work very well on the Gelli Plate)
• Brayer – hard (not soft)
• GelliArts Gel Printing Plate – minimum size should be 8x10
• Sari Ribbon pieces (about 3-4 pieces about 8 inches each)
• Assorted paintbrushes: I like small and medium round brushes. Also an inexpensive brush for use with adhesive
• A few text papers (book papers, ledger papers, etc.)
• No 2 pencil
• Assorted papers for printmaking (watercolor paper, book paper, catalog pages, etc.) Your kit will contain papers, but bring some of your favorites.
• Heat tool
• Glue stick and/or liquid adhesive such as collage pauge or PVA
• Cloth or rag (I like to use a piece of cotton muslin)
• Mark-making tools - I like using lids to create circle imprints but bring what you like
• Water Jar/Container
• Bookbinders needle and Book Awl/Paper Piercer
• Assorted stencils – I will be showing ways to use these to really jazz up your prints.
• Apron and baby wipes
• A sewing machine is needed for this class, so please bring one if you are able.