I’ll walk you through creating your own artsy journal out of all the bits and pieces you already have lying around.
That’s right, gather your scraps of painted paper, whichever paints you have on hand, and several pieces of ribbon… you’ll be amazed at what we can create.
Whether you’re a novice bookbinder, or a seasoned journal-maker, this class will provide you with easy-to-follow instructions to design your own dynamic book.
We’ll play with fringe, and put together unique pop-up elements to create an art journal with flair. We’ll create fun background papers using my simple, freeing art techniques. Above all, we’ll have creative fun, and finish the day with a funky, chunky handmade art journal.
Materials Fee $15 and Includes the following:
•Items from Roben-Marie’s Art Pops™ Collections, including stickers and cards
•Assorted papers for the journal: (collage sheets, watercolor paper and an assortment of bags)
•Elastic for closure
•String and Button Envelope for journal pouch
•Assorted elements for the journal (shipping tags, pockets, etc.)
•Rubber art stamps to borrow but bring your favorite “element” type stamps.
Supplies Needed to bring for Class:
• Scraps are king in this workshop: think painted or gelli printed papers, old book pages, ledger paper, or color copies of your own artwork. Also bring a catalog or magazine, etc. I use the Anthropologie catalog but you can use any kind (think Better Homes and Garden, House Beautiful, Coastal Living, etc.)
• Assorted acrylic paints: be sure to include white and black
• A couple small and medium round paint brushes.
• Inexpensive brush for use with adhesive
• Scissors and ruler
• Bookbinding needle and book awl/paper piercer
• Two Large Binder Clips or Jumbo Paperclips
• No 2 pencil
• Heat tool
• ¼” Hole Punch
• Watercolors or liquid inks (3 or 4 colors is perfect)
• Glue stick and/or liquid adhesive such as collage pauge
• Cloth or rag (I like to use a piece of cotton muslin)
• Black ball point pen or your favorite black journaling pen
•Apron and baby wipes
•A sewing machine is needed for this workshop, so please bring one if you are able.