This whimsical painting starts with a charcoal pour added to a delightful combination of collage, watercolor and acrylic paint. The step by step instruction enables beginner and experienced painters to complete a successful painting. Your creativity will guarantee an original piece of art! I anticipate that paintings will be 90% completed in class.
Students to bring to class:
• Your usual painting supplies which should include at least 2 water containers, paper towels, pop up tissues, a fine mist spray bottle for water.
• Brushes: You may use your regular watercolor brushes. I use Scharff 960 Aqua Flow Super Round, Scharff #310 White Nylon round brushes sizes #8 and #4, and a variety of scrubby brushes (Scharff Moon #222 brushes sizes #2, #4, #6, used for corrections and lifting off paint.) a flat 1” brush to use with paste, a liner brush. I will have Scharff brushes for purchase if you choose.
• Pencil and ruler
• Collage Materials: Several pieces of collage including decorative napkins, old book pages, pallet paper with used acrylic paint on it, rice papers if you have them, I will also have collage materials to share.
• Hair dryer is helpful, but not necessary.
Materials included in $23 supply fee
• Written instructions including line drawing and color photo
• ¼ sheet of Arches 140 lb cold press watercolor paper (11” x 15”) with a traced line drawing on it
• Mijello Mission Gold paints and foam plate pallet
• Misc. collage materials including decorative napkins
• YES Paste by Gane Brothers & Lane
• Charcoal powder
• Moo Eraser