An exercise in building layers of acrylic color.
This whimsical- Klimt-like painting starts with a very colorful underpainting. Subsequent layers add colors and texture. The step by step instruction enables beginner and experienced painters to complete a successful painting. Your creativity will guarantee an original piece of art! I anticipate that paintings will be 90% completed in class.
Students to bring to class:
• Your usual painting supplies which should include at least 2 water containers, paper towels, pop up tissues, white and black graphite paper or Saral to transfer design, an old credit card or scraping tool.
• Brushes: A selection of flat brushes or angle brushes sizes 1 inch and smaller. A liner brush.
• Pencil and ruler
• Black Stabilo pencil
• Black Sharpie Paint marker fine point, White Sharpie Paint marker fine point (or other types of permanent markers)
• Optional: Water-soluble crayons like Caren D’Ache, gel pens (metallic, white and black)
Materials included in $18 supply fee
• Written instructions including line drawing and color photo
• ¼ sheet watercolor paper (11” x 15”) prepped with Liquitex matte medium/gesso.
• Fluid and heavy body acrylic paints
• Pallet Paper
• Cotton Balls
• Isopropyl Alcohol 91%