In this workshop we'll combine paper and fabric (or just one or the other) along with stamps, stitching (optional,) collage, embellishments, mark making, and more as we create our own hardbound folio featuring a flip-book full of smaller, layered pieces of artwork. I'll also share techniques and ideas for creating your own unique embellishments.
We’ll start by making our folio cases, create some of our own embellishments (you can also use and / or layer pre-made items.) Then we’ll complete the artwork for our flipbook and assemble our folios, ending with a unique piece of artwork that can be displayed, tucked onto a bookshelf, or given as a gift.
Materials Fee $15 paid at beginning of class includes:
• Pieces for folio cover
• Pattern for assembling folio
• Glue stick
• Wire binder clip (black or gold)
• 4 Metal corner protectors for folio (w/ tools on hand to attach)
Supply Table Tools and Supplies Included in Class Kit:
• Matte medium
• Boho Blends embossing powder
• Shared colored pencils and blending pencils
• A variety of threads, fibers, and sari ribbon / yarn
• Embroidery needles
• A selection of embellishments to use in your folio
Teacher will also provide:
• Several bone folders to share
• Heat gun(s) for heat embossing if desired
• Shared Blender brushes / sponges or brushes to apply ink or paint through stencils
Supplies Needed to bring for Class:
• Rubber stamps (I'll be using my stamps from PaperArtsy and have some on hand, but you can use any designs or brands you like.)
• Acrylic stamp blocks if using unmounted stamps
• Ink pads (I'll be using Black, Sepia, and a few other colors of Archival Inks, regular black and brown StazOn, and Versafine Clair pigment inks)
• Scissors (plus fabric scissors if you keep them separate)
• 3 pieces of fabric or paper for the folio
o Outside covers: at least 11-1/2" x 10"
o Inside covers: at least 10" x 8-1/2"
o Spine: at least 3" x 9"
• A selection of patterned papers, gelli prints, collage paper, etc... to use for collage in our flip art pieces or for pocket inserts.
o Alternatively, you can add fabric (or use just fabric) and use patterned designs or stamp / stencil on it first.
• Baby wipes and / or paper towels