Join us in this two day workshop and create your very own beautiful Storyscape! Storyscapes embody collage with fabric, fiber, paper, nature finds, and other unique elements that are hand dyed, painted and stitched.
On the first day of Storyscapes, Lorri will be teaching her lovely rust and botanical printing techniques and incorporate some unique pigment printing to pieces of fabric, that will later be sewn together into one long panel.
Then on the second day Roxanne will be your guide as we add collage elements to our printed pieces, attaching found objects, decorative stitching, stenciling and mark making. Roxanne will have her newly designed stencils available for us to use!
Finally we will both guide you in stitching your pieces together, making one long panel, your own Storyscape.
We will attach it to an antique spool, which will be provided along with beautiful pieces of muslin, silk and linen that we will be dyeing and using for our panels.
Both Lorri and Roxanne will share wonderful treasures from their own stash to entice and inspire you, and use in your own creations.
Materials fee $30 paid directly to instructor at beginning of class includes:
all fabrics: silk, vintage, linen, lace, velvet, and a vintage wood spool to hang your Storyscape on.
• Instructors will supply:
• Botanicals and other dyes
• Dye equipment & supplies
• Disposable plastic aprons and gloves
• Rusted metal objects
• Iron and copper pipes for class use
• Muslin strips and string
• Fabric and paper scraps
• Pan pastels
• Watercolor paints
• Assorted wires, wire tools,
• Embroidery threads, beads, buttons
• Found objects, rusty bits, pieces from nature.
• Paintbrushes, pens
• Tapestry needles
Supplies You Need to Bring to Class in addition to materials provided by instructor:
• Protective apron & gloves if you want other than what is provided
• Paper towels
• Saran wrap
• Old bath towel if possible
• Needles and colored tapestry or waxed linen threads
• Embroidery threads
• Matte medium, small bottle, I like Liquitex and Golden
• Paintbrush and water dish for matte medium
• A few found objects, small treasures and mementos, rusty bits or small objects from nature
• Your favorite mark makers and collage tools
• Buttons or beads or anything else that could be attached into your panel.
• Small amount of decorative papers and fabric scraps
Most of the required supplies for your classes can be pre-ordered from Collage. They will be ready and waiting for you to pick up when you arrive at the retreat. For further info and to place your order, contact: