Collage is a wonderful, creative process whose essential ingredient is paper. Using old maps, movie ticket stubs, stamps, tissue paper,
vintage photographs, sheet music and more, the collage artist enjoys a freedom of materials that is unique in the art world.
Exploring papers, adhesives, paints, stencils, stamps and more, we will learn about and play with a variety of collage techniques in this workshop. The piece you will create is known as a “Masterboard” which can be cut into tags, cards, bookmarks, etc. Or you may want to keep it as is to frame and hang!
My goal is for you to develop a good basis of understanding and be able to pursue and express your creative voice through collage.
(And HAVE FUN!!)
You will learn about:
Choosing color schemes
Using words and images
Stamps and stencils
Exploring acrylic and fluid acrylic paints
Creating tags, cards, journal inserts
Materials Fee $10 paid at beginning of class includes:
1 large sheet of Watercolor or Mixed Media Paper
• Fluid Acrylic Paints in a variety of colors
• Glue Stick
• Your choice of lots of different papers
Supplies Needed to bring for Class:
• Other papers such as colored and patterned tissue papers, dress patterns, handmade papers, black and white images, text, sheet music, Gelli printed papers, other ephemera
• Acrylic paints- 2 or 3 colors of your choice, any brand
• Paint brush
• Matte Medium or Mod Podge
• Black ink stamp pad
• Stamps, including alphabet and number stamps if desired
• Old credit card or gift card for spreading paint