What does your year of creative expression look like? Are the remnants here there and everywhere? Half-filled journals, countless projects started but still unfinished. Let’s build a journal together that celebrates your creative successes. Learn more about “Living IN” a journal as you create your very own Daily Creative Practice Journal.
The Daily Creative Practice Journal has been thoughtfully designed, tested and refined for over a decade now in my own art practice. The page size and number of spreads in each signature makes an ideal project to support a daily or weekly creative practice. The flexibility to add on and work with mixed media freely on the durable surface makes it an ideal journal to truly “Live In”.
Let’s face it, we love making books and journals but honestly “Living In” them remains aspirational. The Daily Creative Practice Journal is designed to carry with you to make the excuse of time and space magically non-relevant. It is the perfect container to use for participating in challenges and projects, to contain lessons for the many ongoing classes or courses we manage to sign up for. The Daily Creative Practice Journal is an adaptable and creative way to capture bits of your creative life visually.
In this workshop we will prepare 12 monthly signatures, front and back covers and a painted canvas carrier that transforms into a cover at year’s end. Your finished journal closed measures approximately 5x7.5 and is nearly 6 inches thick.
Instructor will share extras of many of her tools/stencils and supplies so bring what you have. She will also have several of her previous year’s journals to share for inspiration. You will leave class ready to live in your journal.
Materials Fee $25 in cash paid at beginning of class includes:
• Primed Manila Folders
• Pre-Cut Chipboard & Elastic Cord
• Tags & Envelopes
• Primed Canvas
• Foam Stamp & Stencil Making materials
• Deli Paper/Double Stick Adhesive
Supplies Needed to bring for Class:
• Acrylic Paint (medium or heavy body) 5 colors + black & white
• Caran d’Ache Neocolor 1 Wax Pastel (or equivalent)
• Favorite Stencils/Foam Stamps
• Scissors, Bone Folder, Awl, Binding Needle, Waxed 4 ply Cord
• Small bag of collage tissue/paper/ephemera that is light weight.
• Matte Medium
• Brushes (#10 Bright, #8 Filbert, #6 Bright, #2 Round Polytip Bristle Catalyst brushes by Princeton are ones I use often)
• Favorite Washi Tapes(I love black and white designs)
• Various paint markers
• Paper Towels/Wet Wipes
• Water Container