A simple iconic design is appliquéd from felt and embellished with a variety of hand stitches and enhanced with beads to create a Spirit Guide Talisman. NOTE: There will be a kit available from the instructor for the appliqued/embroidered panel and also one for a smaller fetish doll/ornament. Instructor will have some optional embellishment charms available for purchase in class as well.
Please be courteous to others by arriving for class with the correct supplies.
Contact me at 503-631-8806 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Kits will be available or you can bring your own materials.
• Kits*: $18 for panel project, $15 for the fetish doll. Kit includes felt, interfacing, adhesive web, floss, needles, threads, and beads/sequins.
• NOTE: If you want to bring your own materials instead of purchasing a kit you will need:
Several 8” x 10” squares of craft felt in different colors.
Fusible interfacing and fusible fabric adhesive web.
Embroidery floss and beading thread.
Embroidery and beading needles.
Beads and sequins
Necessary Tools: you will need to bring these in addition to the kit or other materials.
• Scissors: craft scissors with shorter blades for cutting paper templates and felt, plus embroidery scissors or thread snips.
• White Chalk marking pencil or opaque white gel pen: this may be helpful for blocking in guidelines for embroidery.
• Needle Puller (optional): This is a little rubber circle that helps grip the needle to pull it through bulky materials.
• Thimble (optional): Some embroiderers like to use a thimble, some do not; bring one if you need one.
• Portable light and/or magnifier (optional): Good lighting is essential for handwork and the lighting in classroom environments isn’t always up to the task. It can be helpful to have additional, focused lighting in the form of an Ott type lamp or the LED type that hangs around your neck, some lights come with an attached magnifier lens, and this too can be useful.
• Embroidery Hoop (optional): The felt panel can be embroidered without a hoop if the stitching tension is carefully regulated. If you care to use a hoop choose one 6” or 7” in diameter. You will not need a hoop for the fetish doll.