In this class we’ll be completing 4 pages (or more if we have time) in your new Grumbacher 9x12 Mixed Media In & Out Notebook. You will learn a variety of techniques to include: preparing pages, collage, paint over collage, layering with stamps & stencils (and other fun stencil hacks), negative space painting, mark making, focal points, embellishments, and adding sentiments!
Please note: Pictures provided as class samples are pages I’ve created using some of the different techniques mentioned above. I encourage everyone to pursue their own creative journey, so we are not creating cookie-cutter art. For example – not everyone will choose to do the gecko or use the colors I’ve used in that piece. I have other paint colors and stencils to choose from (owl, elephant, butterfly, etc) . What’s important is the technique being taught and you – the artist - making as many choices in that journey as possible.
Materials Fee $15 paid at beginning of class includes:
• Grumbacher 9x12 Mixed Media In & Out Notebook
• Use of acrylic paints, art crayons, stamps, ink pads, stencils, paper towels, baby wipes, a variety of paint markers, scissors and collage papers (maps, music paper, book paper, scrapbook paper, painty paper towels, decorative napkins).
Supplies Needed to bring for Class:
• water cup, apron, and hair dryer
• white Gelly Roll pen (08)
• charcoal pencil & sharpener
• black dual tip Identi-pen or other black permanent marker (fine tip Sharpie works well)
• brushes (sm round, ½ inch flat, ¾ or 1 inch flat). Bring an additional ¾ inch brush to use for mediums only as they’re hard on bristles and it’ll keep your good brushes nice!
• Magazine cut-outs for collage (subject for a focal point, words, flowers, etc). See class reference picture of bird magazine collage as an example.